The Amazing Encaustic Art of Susan Fisher
Susan Fisher enjoys creating in encaustic because of the way it allows her to create rich layers of translucence and color that come together as a whole in a work saturated with depth, emotion, and life. It allows her to build truly vibrant worlds with heartbeats, identities, and emerging life forces all their own, mirroring the actual fluidity and tactile nature of the medium itself.
Susan delights in taking the creative process a step or two further on occasion as well. In addition to using traditional ancient encaustic techniques to create her pieces, she also incorporates elements of such media as printmaking, traditional drawing, and sculpture to create a result that is incredibly personal and truly one of a kind. Each piece of her incredible melting wax art represents a different moment – a fleeting emotion – frozen and preserved forever using one of the world’s oldest and most challenging media.
As composer and musical director Bill Crane once said, “everyone should own a Fisher”, and once you’ve taken a journey through Susan’s gallery, you’ll understand why.
New for 2021
Terms of Sale
- All prices are in Canadian currency.
- If you are interested in an unframed painting and would like it framed with purchase, please request a quote for framing.
- Shipping extra.
- If you wish to inquire about shipping costs prior to purchase, click here to contact Fluid Studio. Please provide the name of the painting(s) you’re interested in purchasing so an accurate quote can be provided.
- Paintings purchased within 150km of Peterborough and valued at $750 or more will be delivered free of charge.
- Full payment must be made prior to shipping.